NASA and Katalyst Space have announced that the plan to boost the altitude of a Swift Observatory space telescope with the LINK spacecraft has failed.
THE NEWS
Bessent says Treasury buyback operation could be more than $4 billion
AI data center outrage is showing up everywhere from ads to elections
With less than three months until the midterm elections, opposition to AI data centers is becoming a bipartisan rallying cry in a growing number of states.
Bessent says U.S. likely won’t restart large-scale Iran combat as it steps up economic pressure
The Trump administration’s plan to crush Iran’s economy will likely negate the need for further U.S. military operations, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said.
California AG tells CNBC that settling Paramount-WBD lawsuit would require ‘robust structural remedies’
California AG Rob Bonta discussed the states’ antitrust case to block the Paramount Skydance-Warner Bros. Discovery merger with CNBC’s David Faber.
Dow drops 300 points, hurt by rising Treasury yields and a decline in Walmart: Live updates
The S&P 500 snapped a three-session losing streak earlier in the day.
A household appliance maker made it into Josh Brown’s Best Stocks list this month. It is soaring in 2026
This stock has been on a tear since being spun off in 2023.
EU NatGas Hits 2023 Energy Crisis Levels As Trump’s “Economic D-Day” Clouds Hormuz Reopening
EU NatGas Hits 2023 Energy Crisis Levels As Trump’s “Economic D-Day” Clouds Hormuz Reopening
European natural gas prices surged to levels last seen during the energy crisis triggered by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, when severe supply disruptions sent global markets into turmoil.
The catalyst was an overnight Truth Social post from President Trump declaring “ECONOMIC D-DAY” against Iran. The announcement raises the probability of prolonged disruption in the Strait of Hormuz, a critical maritime transit corridor for Gulf energy exports.
For Europe, continued disruptions in the Strait of Hormuz would constrain access to Gulf LNG, intensify competition for seaborne cargoes, and deepen the continent’s reliance on US supplies. With European storage inventories already well below seasonal norms and the winter replenishment window narrowing, traders are slapping a premium on natural gas prices on Thursday.
Dutch front-month futures, Europe’s gas benchmark, rose as much as 2.5% today and soared above 65 euros per megawatt-hour, a level last seen in 1Q23.
Trump stated in an overnight Truth Social post that, with Tehran’s military and military-industrial base reduced to “now rubble” and its “currency worthless,” he will unleash severe economic consequences against “ANY country that allows its financial institutions, businesses, airports, or government entities to provide any type of lifeline to Iran.”
Earlier this week, Simon Penn, a London-based UBS macro strategist, focused on Germany’s NatGas storage, which is only 50% full, compared with 57% a year ago and well below the 2009-25 average of 77%.
Europe, more broadly, is well below the 2009-25 average of 74%, with storage currently at around 61%.
It’s not just low NatGas storage levels that Europeans have to worry about at this time of year, but also a diesel shortage. Combining these two problems, Samantha Dart, co-head of global commodities research at Goldman Sachs, recently warned that this energy crunch is “what keeps her up at night.”
Must-Reads:
“Really Only One Thing Worries Us A Lot”: Here’s What Keeps Goldman’s Commodities Guru Up At Night
Winter Is Coming: Europe Faces Twin Diesel And NatGas Crunch
“Generates A Number Of Risks”: UBS Warns German NatGas Storage Levels Alarmingly Below Seasonal Norms
Morgan Stanley analyst Martijn Rats wrote earlier that “the window to normalize before winter is rapidly closing.” Translation: Lower NatGas stockpiles will put a bid under prices and fuel inflation across the EU.
At this point, Europeans had better hope that a strong El Niño would produce relatively mild weather. Otherwise, the continent could face a cold and extremely expensive winter.
Tyler Durden
Thu, 08/20/2026 – 11:20
Baltimore Ravens 2025 preview: Why the under 10.5 wins looks like the smart bet this season
With pretty much anything in life, there will be change. In sports, five years can feel like an eternity. John Harbaugh lasted for almost 20 years at the helm of the Ravens, so it feels more than a little strange to realize he is no longer calling the shots in Baltimore. Perhaps it was what the team needed after a disaster of an ending to last year.One kick can change a lot for a person and a franchise. Imagine for a second if Adam Vinitieri missed those field goals in the Super Bowl. With a chance for the postseason on the line, the Ravens had a solid return to set themselves up with a shot for stealing the lead back from Pittsburgh. On a fourth-and-7, Lamar Jackson hit Isaiah Likely for 26 yards. It gave them new life and put them at about a 44-yard field goal attempt. Tyler Loop lined up and missed the field goal, sending Pittsburgh to the postseason and Harbaugh to an exit from the franchise. The team ended with an 8-9 record and went home instead of going to the playoffs, where they would’ve had a good chance to keep advancing. Sure, not everything can be blamed on one game, but this was clearly the one that made the biggest difference.The biggest change for the team was obviously its head coach. The Ravens are now led by Jesse Minter, who has Harbaugh ties, having been the defensive coordinator for the Los Angeles Chargers and the Michigan Wolverines, both coached by John’s brother Jim. The Ravens also tried to make a push for Maxx Crosby this offseason, but the trade was nixed, and Crosby went back to the Raiders. Instead, they stole a rusher away from a division rival, getting Trey Hendrickson. They also lost their tight end Likely and rusher Dre’Mont Jones. They did lose their center as well, so there are a number of changes that the Ravens will need to adjust to.RAVENS COACH LAYS CHALLENGE TO DIEGO PAVIA AFTER TEAM SIGNED HIM AS UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTSIGN UP TO GET THE LATEST SPORTS NEWSThe success and failure of the Ravens, like almost any team, will fall on the quarterback, Lamar Jackson. Despite all of the regular season success, Jackson still hasn’t found it in the postseason, and it will be a knock on him until he does. The offense really shouldn’t be a problem considering the team has Jackson, Derrick Henry, Zay Flowers, and Mark Andrews. I’m a bit concerned about the offensive line. Any time you replace a center, it can be an issue. The defense should’ve improved a bit in the offseason, and if Minter can get the most out of that unit, it could be a good season in Baltimore.STAY “FEARLESS” ON THE GO! TAKE TOMI LAHREN WITH YOU. DOWNLOAD THE TLIF PODCAST NOW!The Ravens have a win total of 11.5 for the season. I don’t see it. I’m looking at the schedule, and even if I’m trying to be optimistic about everything, I think they win fewer than 10 games. I’d be happier to place a bet on under 9.5 games at +220 than I would be to take under 11.5 games. Maybe a happy medium is under 10.5 games at +125. The Ravens are typically good in the regular season, but I think they take a step back this year. Give me the under 10.5 and even the 9.5.For more sports betting information and plays, follow David on X/Twitter: @futureprez2024
FBI seizes Swalwell’s devices at airport as sexual misconduct investigation escalates: sources
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) seized disgraced congressman and former California gubernatorial candidate Eric Swalwell’s electronic devices at San Francisco International Airport on Saturday night, two sources familiar with the incident confirmed to Fox News Digital.Swalwell’s home in Washington, D.C., was subsequently searched on Sunday, a source said.DOJ OPENS INVESTIGATION INTO ERIC SWALWELL OVER SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATIONSThe devices seized included at least one cell phone. The devices were taken from the ex-lawmaker related to a probe into sexual misconduct, according to the sources. He was not arrested or detained.Fox News Digital reached out to Swalwell’s attorney.The Democratic former congressman and left-wing television news darling resigned from his seat in Congress in April. At the same time, he dropped his bid to become California’s next governor. This is a breaking news story and will be updated.